Saturday, January 2, 2010

In Berlin at last!

After a long journey, three of us have made our arrivals in Berlin and are getting things moving for Friday's opening at Arttransponder. In the meantime, I keep thinking about buildings, incomplete buildings, buildings that are falling apart. Plenty of buildings here in Prenzlauer Berg are pleasantly worn down and it's easy to see how old they are. But I've also come into a bunch of old photos from home that show the house I grew up in, at stages before the shingles, what can be compared to the skin, even went on. In the pictures, the house looks flayed, but it is actually being born. We had moved in before the outside was finished, and the inside was never finished in places. Here they are, including one with me inexplicably throttling myself for the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment